Skip to main content

𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‘πˆπ’π„ πŽπ… π‘π€π‚πˆπ’πŒ


π˜Ύπ™π™–π™₯π™©π™šπ™§ 𝙄𝙄: π™π™π™š π™Šπ™ͺπ™©π™—π™§π™šπ™–π™  𝙀𝙛 π™‰π™šπ™¬ π™‘π™žπ™§π™ͺ𝙨

Not a common thing for Bhutanese to become a tourist in some rich countries such as USA and UK. However, I became one. The one to live temporarily in New York as a tourist. Not like tourists who visit places for recreation but a tourist to look for a work. A work which gave me dollars. I settled my ground in USA after seeking help from some of my known relatives. The saddest thing was, my husband decided to remain back in Bhutan. Our marriage became distant. I got myself a job where I earned $20 in an hour. My responsibility was to take care of elderly woman who was 97 years old.

I decided to work at least 10 hours per day earning around $200!

I rented an apartment for myself which is quite far from my work place. It was on 25th of December, 2019, around 6 pm, I turned on the TV and switched the Channel to BBC news [British Broadcasting Corporation]. I could not believe what I heard from the news reader.

“China has declared the outbreak of unknown virus from the city of Wuhan. The source of cause was not known. Many people believed that the outbreak was caused from the bat soup. Wuhan is the city of diet variety. People in the community enjoyed hundreds of meats including dogs and bats. The virus is believed to be transferred from one person to another while the infected person touches or sneeze”. 

I was not interested in the new virus. I turned off the TV and rested myself on the bed. 

Somehow in the night, I was awoken. I turned on my mobile and opened the messenger.

There was a message from one of my uncles back in Bhutan.

“Tshering, did you know about the new virus? Many people say that it has high mortality rate and easily transferred from one person to another”.

I was alerted. I could not review any information on the new virus. I became more worried and tried looking for more information.

I typed, “The new virus of china” after opening the Google Chrome.

Hundreds of information came flooding. I preferred BBC website. 

“The new virus of Wuhan is called Coronavirus. China has reported the 1000+ cases of Coronavirus infection in few hours and deaths of three”. 

There was fear running in my veins. Hopefully and optimistically, I was waiting for someone to say, the cure and treatment for the new virus is found.

I could not update myself on the new virus for few days. The normal life went on. Just like me, Americans were following their normal schedule. In the morning, roads were crowded with people going to the work. I was one in many of them.

However, there was doubt running in my mind. Will the virus catch me like those Chinese? 

π˜‹π˜³π˜°π˜± 😷 𝘒𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘒π˜₯π˜ͺπ˜―π˜¨πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Parents, Sons and Daughters

πƒπžπšπ« 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬, Today, I want to tell you all something really important. I am neither a parent nor a philosopher. I am just a college student who went through few tests in my life. In all these years, you have supported your children to go to school and trusted them with all the dreams you have. The beauty of all the Bhutanese parents I have seen so far was “Dear child, we don’t expect you to become the richest man or the richest woman but a child who can stand up on your feet”. Today is the day you won’t forget. Just yesterday, there were news flooding on social media announcing that results for class 12 would be out by today. I knew, all the parents are worried as much as your child who has just completed class 12. This result will determine another step of life. I would like to congratulate all those parents and students who could achieve good marks in examinations. You might be thinking of throwing a party for your child’s achievement. This would mean a world to your chil

[Writing's a Pi]

Photography: Patrick Tommaso {Recently realized how complex a writing is. It's like trying to figure out the definite value of Pi. We only write ~3.14 but this isn't a definite value, it's an approximation. People tried figuring the value for many years, the more people try, the more indefinite it becomes. Writing's no different. We might often hear Peter Dury say 'inch-perfect' when Lionel Messi scores a brilliant goal but writing isn't playing a soccer. We try to achieve the 'inch-perfect' in writing for 10 years, then in another 10 years, new style of writing comes, new books and new authors. It goes like this until we are dead and after we are dead. Then, I tried writing something about writing but I don't know nothing. People say, before you write, you must read. Thinking that I don't want to wake up from my graveyard with regrets, I started reading. I started with Yallamma - The Writing Company, masterpieces of footnotes, poet

Chapter 1: In the Making of Marriage

Hello everyone! I am Lekyuen. I am teacher here at Rukubji Community Primary School in Trongsa Dzongkhag. After completing my Bachelors of Education from Paro College of Education, I decided to devote my life to students. Behind every window, there is a curtain and behind every person there is a story to tell. Marriage is one of the main reasons that keep race of humans survived for millions of years. And I look back at my story of broken marriage. Although, broken marriage is painful to look back, it taught me lot of lessons about many things: love, hatred, betrayal and depression. I am a woman and I have a heart that loves a man like every woman does. Several years ago, I met a guy in the same college. We were like Romeo and Juliet then. He sacrificed many other women just to be with me and I sacrificed lot of other men to be with him. We tied a knot of love and we decided to marry after graduating from the college. I was the happiest woman. I graduated from the college, got