Skip to main content

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐌


𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙄𝙑: 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚’𝙨 𝙆𝙞𝙣𝙜

Nothing impressed me more. Nothing deserved my deepest prayers and respect. To none but to my king. The fifth of Wangchuck Dynasty. His majesty the king of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck.

To the world, and to me and to his people, he is known as the People’s King.

Definitely, the title was not a mistake. He earned it. If I am to put world leaders into the list of elites, my king is the number one!

As soon as 76-year-old tourist was tested positive for the coronavirus, his majesty went himself. Risking his own life and his country. 

Bhutan is one of the most visited Travel Destinations for tourists. It is a massive industry where it contributes millions of US$ to the economy. That is why, it is one of the five jewels of the country.

As soon as first case was confirmed, every Bhutanese got into the war to fight the virus. On 6th March, 2020, education institutes of Thimphu, Wangdue and Punakha were closed. 

It was time for nurses and doctors to hunt the index cases! The first people to have contacted directly with the tourist.

Tourism employs over 60,000 people and 150 hotels in the country. Unfortunately, as a precautionary measure, tourism was shut down for at least 2 weeks. The king, the prime minister and whole of Health Ministry became the front liners to combat the dreadful virus. 

I have seen the concept of One Nation One People in the real picture!

Bhutan is a dot on a world map with population over 700,000 but there are magics in this small country. 

And when people have their king and their prime minister, they have everything! Smiles on their faces, food in their stomachs and happiness in their hearts. 

Meanwhile, the positive cases for coronavirus were increasing drastically in my host country. Soon, the record for number of cases within 24 hours held by Italy was broken by USA. The number of people getting buried was increasing. 

I was panicking more and more! I could not do anything for the people who lost their lives but mourn. Mourn with fear and prayer. 

When I say prayer, people might think that religion does not answer. If you think so, you are wrong.
In Bhutan, religion gives rain when there is drought. Group of monks would be praying when people suffer. 
When 76-year-old tourist was in Bhutan, he had a plan to visit Punakha Dromchhoe where thousands of people gather. The Dromchhoe was just before the day when he was tested positive. Fortunately, he had to return to the hotel after falling sick. 

Well, there is a miracle we may have to consider! In Bhutan, miracle is Buddhism. 

Despite the fact that Bhutan has a smaller number of hospitals and health facilities, tourists are treated like one of their people. 76-year-old tourist received the best of medical care.

People who were considered as index cases were quarantined in best facilities in big hotels and resorts. 

My dear Bhutanese, if you haven’t known how lucky you are to be Bhutanese, this difficult time will teach you a good lesson.

Aren’t you proud to be a Bhutanese?

𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐩 🙏🏿 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Parents, Sons and Daughters

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬, Today, I want to tell you all something really important. I am neither a parent nor a philosopher. I am just a college student who went through few tests in my life. In all these years, you have supported your children to go to school and trusted them with all the dreams you have. The beauty of all the Bhutanese parents I have seen so far was “Dear child, we don’t expect you to become the richest man or the richest woman but a child who can stand up on your feet”. Today is the day you won’t forget. Just yesterday, there were news flooding on social media announcing that results for class 12 would be out by today. I knew, all the parents are worried as much as your child who has just completed class 12. This result will determine another step of life. I would like to congratulate all those parents and students who could achieve good marks in examinations. You might be thinking of throwing a party for your child’s achievement. This would mean a world to your chil

[Writing's a Pi]

Photography: Patrick Tommaso {Recently realized how complex a writing is. It's like trying to figure out the definite value of Pi. We only write ~3.14 but this isn't a definite value, it's an approximation. People tried figuring the value for many years, the more people try, the more indefinite it becomes. Writing's no different. We might often hear Peter Dury say 'inch-perfect' when Lionel Messi scores a brilliant goal but writing isn't playing a soccer. We try to achieve the 'inch-perfect' in writing for 10 years, then in another 10 years, new style of writing comes, new books and new authors. It goes like this until we are dead and after we are dead. Then, I tried writing something about writing but I don't know nothing. People say, before you write, you must read. Thinking that I don't want to wake up from my graveyard with regrets, I started reading. I started with Yallamma - The Writing Company, masterpieces of footnotes, poet

Chapter 1: In the Making of Marriage

Hello everyone! I am Lekyuen. I am teacher here at Rukubji Community Primary School in Trongsa Dzongkhag. After completing my Bachelors of Education from Paro College of Education, I decided to devote my life to students. Behind every window, there is a curtain and behind every person there is a story to tell. Marriage is one of the main reasons that keep race of humans survived for millions of years. And I look back at my story of broken marriage. Although, broken marriage is painful to look back, it taught me lot of lessons about many things: love, hatred, betrayal and depression. I am a woman and I have a heart that loves a man like every woman does. Several years ago, I met a guy in the same college. We were like Romeo and Juliet then. He sacrificed many other women just to be with me and I sacrificed lot of other men to be with him. We tied a knot of love and we decided to marry after graduating from the college. I was the happiest woman. I graduated from the college, got