Skip to main content

𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‘πˆπ’π„ πŽπ… π‘π€π‚πˆπ’πŒ


π˜Ύπ™π™–π™₯π™©π™šπ™§ 𝙄: π™Šπ™›π™› 𝙩𝙀 π™‰π™šπ™¬ 𝙔𝙀𝙧𝙠

I was raised between mountains and hills. Listening to the singing of birds from nearby jungle and beholding the dancing leaves. Sitting on the seesaw made of rough plank and skating on the board made of old jerrycan. I grew with dust and dusty friends. We had less of possessions and more of laughter and happiness.

I was born in one of the remotest districts of Bhutan called Dagana! 

I was lucky. Many of my relatives live in United Kingdom and few of them in United States of America where the weight of dollar is heavier than the weight of ngultrums. 

But, when I compare the weight of currencies, I am not hungry about money. People say that food, water, air and shelter are basic necessities for survival. When I think about it, yes! They were basic necessities when the human race was evolving. Now, world has changed and I feel that basic necessities are not food, water, air and shelter!

I think it is money!

If you have lot of money, you can buy food, air, water and shelter. You can travel. If you have lot of money, you don’t have to work hard to be famous. People with more money are worshipped like gods. If you have money, you don’t have to go begging for someone to respect or be friends with you. Instead, they will come begging to be with you. Money can enslave people. Money can buy beautiful women!
Now, money is everything! It is not just the medium of exchange as economists say. 

Billionaires, Millionaires, Coreopati and Lakhpati are all the titles a person gets according to the amount of money he owns!

That’s why, people say, Bill Gates is the richest man in the world!

Trust me, when I start narrating about money, you might think that I am millionaire or something. I am none of it!

I got married to the man I loved. For some time, we have decided not to think about a baby or babies. We have decided to think about diapers and huggies. When they are enough, we will think about a baby.
When my husband and I decided to hunt for diapers before the baby, we decided to save money! 

That’s when I decided to fly to United States of America!

I processed my visa for two years. I decided to go as a tourist than appearing International English Language Testing System [IELTS]. After all, I am not going there for further study.

I was going there to find a fortune! A fortune in the form of dollars to build the foundation of my life.

I flew to Bangkok and then to New York. The size of airport and number of aero planes keep on increasing. The Paro International Airport is only the international airport in Bhutan squeezed between huge mountains.

As the plane KB401 picked up its velocity, I closed my eyes and prayed to the Great Rinpung Dzong. The safest journey to all the passengers on Airbus.

Goodbye to a small country, my homeland, to my husband, my relatives, my parents! Until then, see you all safe and sound!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Parents, Sons and Daughters

πƒπžπšπ« 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬, Today, I want to tell you all something really important. I am neither a parent nor a philosopher. I am just a college student who went through few tests in my life. In all these years, you have supported your children to go to school and trusted them with all the dreams you have. The beauty of all the Bhutanese parents I have seen so far was “Dear child, we don’t expect you to become the richest man or the richest woman but a child who can stand up on your feet”. Today is the day you won’t forget. Just yesterday, there were news flooding on social media announcing that results for class 12 would be out by today. I knew, all the parents are worried as much as your child who has just completed class 12. This result will determine another step of life. I would like to congratulate all those parents and students who could achieve good marks in examinations. You might be thinking of throwing a party for your child’s achievement. This would mean a world to your chil

[Writing's a Pi]

Photography: Patrick Tommaso {Recently realized how complex a writing is. It's like trying to figure out the definite value of Pi. We only write ~3.14 but this isn't a definite value, it's an approximation. People tried figuring the value for many years, the more people try, the more indefinite it becomes. Writing's no different. We might often hear Peter Dury say 'inch-perfect' when Lionel Messi scores a brilliant goal but writing isn't playing a soccer. We try to achieve the 'inch-perfect' in writing for 10 years, then in another 10 years, new style of writing comes, new books and new authors. It goes like this until we are dead and after we are dead. Then, I tried writing something about writing but I don't know nothing. People say, before you write, you must read. Thinking that I don't want to wake up from my graveyard with regrets, I started reading. I started with Yallamma - The Writing Company, masterpieces of footnotes, poet

Chapter 1: In the Making of Marriage

Hello everyone! I am Lekyuen. I am teacher here at Rukubji Community Primary School in Trongsa Dzongkhag. After completing my Bachelors of Education from Paro College of Education, I decided to devote my life to students. Behind every window, there is a curtain and behind every person there is a story to tell. Marriage is one of the main reasons that keep race of humans survived for millions of years. And I look back at my story of broken marriage. Although, broken marriage is painful to look back, it taught me lot of lessons about many things: love, hatred, betrayal and depression. I am a woman and I have a heart that loves a man like every woman does. Several years ago, I met a guy in the same college. We were like Romeo and Juliet then. He sacrificed many other women just to be with me and I sacrificed lot of other men to be with him. We tied a knot of love and we decided to marry after graduating from the college. I was the happiest woman. I graduated from the college, got