Skip to main content

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐…๐€๐“๐„


๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐š…๐™ธ๐™ธ: ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฝ๐šŽ๐š  ๐™ท๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ

“Uncle and aunt, we are very grateful for your hospitality and generosity. We had been your burden for a month. Yesterday, Lhamo and I have discussed about moving out”, Tashi brought the topic during breakfast.

“What about the house and necessities? You could have told us about moving out so that we could help you settle at your home. By the way, where is the house? It would be better if we are nearer. Uncle and I can guide you”, aunt was worried.

“For few weeks, I was preparing myself for it. I have ordered utensils and beddings from Phuntsholing. One of my friends is a driver and he is coming today with all the necessities. I also looked for zakar and today is a good day to move out. We thought of talking about it yesterday but everyone was asleep”, Tashi explained. 

“If you are ready and if you don’t feel comfortable here, you can move into your house. Hope you figured out the rent?” Uncle added.

“The owner of the house said that the rent is three thousand ngultrums per month. It isn’t a big building but a hut. I went to see it and it looked good to me. It is just located above Babesa Zero”, Tashi verified the location.

“The one which is next to a white building?” Uncle asked again.

“Yes! It is”. Tashi replied.

“I had been there once. I was going for a lunch and I got to see those small houses. As you said, they looked comfortable for me. You are going to have lot of neighbours too”. Uncle said.

After the breakfast, we all agreed about moving out. Uncle was busy helping us settle things. In the afternoon, Tashi’s friend came from Phuntsholing to deliver those items ordered by Tashi. When I checked, there was a set of plates and mugs. There was a rice cooker, curry cooker, gas stove, gas cylinder, rations and vegetables.

He paid the money demanded by his friend and towards the evening, we finished putting things in place. 

“I am leaving now. If you need any help, just contact me. We are not really far”, uncle started the engine of his car.

“Uncle, have tea and go. We are settled now. It won’t take much time”, I requested the uncle.

“For now, I will go. I will be here often to see two of you. Take care and be matured. You two are married now”, uncle offered us advice and he drove away.
While I was preparing dinner, Tashi was making a temporary altar to keep his religious texts and scriptures. 

“Tashi, let’s have dinner”, I called after getting the meal ready. He agreed and we had the first dinner by ourselves. Arranging things on that day was one of the busiest days of my life. 

After the dinner, we laid down on the bed to rest. We had a thick mattress and thick blankets. We had comfortable pillows. Suddenly, I thought to bring the topic of my pregnancy as a notice to him.
 
I had experienced everything in a short period of time. I knew about the sex, the man, the marriage and leading a life of a family. My monthly period paused when I was with the aunt. I had to go to toilet early in the morning to vomit. 

When the talk of pregnancy was on my lips, he stood up and said, “I am forgetting the evening prayer”. 

When he was praying, there were questions boiling in my mind. What will be his response? How would he feel to know that I was pregnant? Will he be happy? I was excited to talk to him that finally, we were going to be the parents of our own blood. I waited for him to finish praying.

As soon as he came back into the blankets, I tried to tell him about the pregnancy but I was afraid as well. I was not getting enough courage to tell him directly about the marriage. What if he becomes angry?

“Tashi, how many children would you like to have?” I asked him.

“I would at least like to have four. Two boys and two girls!” He replied. 

“Four? It’s too much for me. I would like to have a maximum of two children, a girl and a boy”. I told him.

“I should listen to you as well but not two. Two children will be very less. Let’s keep at three. Do you agree?” He said.

“Yeah! I agree. It is a middle-path. You will be happy and I will be happy as well”, I smiled.

“Now, tell me? Will the baby inside my belly be a boy or girl? Tell me, Lama Tashi?” I joked.

“What do you mean?” He asked me immediately.

“Honestly, I am pregnant dear husband. I wanted to tell you when I knew that my period was stopped. It happened when we were at Aunt and Uncle’s house but I could not. I was feeling uncomfortable at their house”, I explained.

For a moment, he remained quiet and cold as ice-cream in the refrigerator but he face was turning red like flames. I was afraid. I was worried and I was sad.

“How can you say that I am the father of the baby you are carrying inside?” He told me harshly. 

I got up and remained frozen like snow. When I looked back at him, he was not joking. He was really angry to hear the news I considered as an exciting news.

๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™– ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ! ๐˜ผ๐™›๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฎ, ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™  ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™—๐™š๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ๐Ÿ˜Š. ๐˜ผ๐™›๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š, ๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™š ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š!
๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ก๐™ค๐™œ

https://unfoldingpetalsofstories.blogspot.com/?m=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Parents, Sons and Daughters

๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ, Today, I want to tell you all something really important. I am neither a parent nor a philosopher. I am just a college student who went through few tests in my life. In all these years, you have supported your children to go to school and trusted them with all the dreams you have. The beauty of all the Bhutanese parents I have seen so far was “Dear child, we don’t expect you to become the richest man or the richest woman but a child who can stand up on your feet”. Today is the day you won’t forget. Just yesterday, there were news flooding on social media announcing that results for class 12 would be out by today. I knew, all the parents are worried as much as your child who has just completed class 12. This result will determine another step of life. I would like to congratulate all those parents and students who could achieve good marks in examinations. You might be thinking of throwing a party for your child’s achievement. This would mean a world to your chil

Chapter 1: In the Making of Marriage

Hello everyone! I am Lekyuen. I am teacher here at Rukubji Community Primary School in Trongsa Dzongkhag. After completing my Bachelors of Education from Paro College of Education, I decided to devote my life to students. Behind every window, there is a curtain and behind every person there is a story to tell. Marriage is one of the main reasons that keep race of humans survived for millions of years. And I look back at my story of broken marriage. Although, broken marriage is painful to look back, it taught me lot of lessons about many things: love, hatred, betrayal and depression. I am a woman and I have a heart that loves a man like every woman does. Several years ago, I met a guy in the same college. We were like Romeo and Juliet then. He sacrificed many other women just to be with me and I sacrificed lot of other men to be with him. We tied a knot of love and we decided to marry after graduating from the college. I was the happiest woman. I graduated from the college, got

[Writing's a Pi]

Photography: Patrick Tommaso {Recently realized how complex a writing is. It's like trying to figure out the definite value of Pi. We only write ~3.14 but this isn't a definite value, it's an approximation. People tried figuring the value for many years, the more people try, the more indefinite it becomes. Writing's no different. We might often hear Peter Dury say 'inch-perfect' when Lionel Messi scores a brilliant goal but writing isn't playing a soccer. We try to achieve the 'inch-perfect' in writing for 10 years, then in another 10 years, new style of writing comes, new books and new authors. It goes like this until we are dead and after we are dead. Then, I tried writing something about writing but I don't know nothing. People say, before you write, you must read. Thinking that I don't want to wake up from my graveyard with regrets, I started reading. I started with Yallamma - The Writing Company, masterpieces of footnotes, poet