Skip to main content

Chapter III: Graduation & Decision





Love is invisible but it is a strong force. I believed it after falling in relationship with him. Three years! Three years was like a minute. I didn’t know how I have completed my college life in a blink of my eyes. Soon, we stood there wearing a gown on Convocation Day. The Convocation Day will be one of many days in life every graduate will remember. Wearing a gown on that signifies the sweat, hardwork and struggles a person has endured. It gives every person a sense of pride and accomplishment. Moreover, a gown represents a boundary between the childhood and adulthood. A person looks for independence.

Paro was the most beautiful place in the world that day. There was a light breeze that slapped through our ears like a melodious song whispering a message of congratulations. It was also one of the loneliest places in the world because it has given us so much lessons and memories in life. It taught us what college life is. But after wearing a gown, Tashi was nowhere to be seen. I was worried. Did my future husband run away? I giggled myself. Then, there was a gentle knock on my head from the back.

There he was! Tashi, the man who looks like a lion. On that day, he was decorated with the best gho he had. And he glowed like flowers in the garden. I can still smell his perfume just like it entered through my nostrils that day. He smiled and knelt down on one of his knees.

“Lekyuen, did you know that today is the day I proposed you? It has been three years since we were together. Thank you for being the most beautiful person in my life”. He took out a beautiful ring and put on my left ring finger. There I stood in bewilderment. Emotions were already running out from that day’s departure. Soon, we would see our friends and hear their voices only on social media. By that time, we would see them on the Photo Album clicked with the best poses we could give when cameraman said, “Cheese!”

Few drops of tears started to stream down my face as I let him stand on by one of his hands. I hugged him and then I looked at his lips. I closed my eyes and kissed him. On that day, I realized that someone doesn’t need to brush their teeth to kiss because we forget the brush and toothpaste. We only remember the joy of kissing. I decided that he is the man I want to end my life with. I could see some promises in his eyes, the love, affection and care.

Before we left for Thimphu for Preliminary Exams and RCSC Exams, we were sitting on the balcony. After Second year, every student has to find their own house and stay as a day-scholar. His head rested on my lap and eyes to the sky. The sky looked like the biggest city with light on. There were stars of different sizes.
“Lekyuen, do you know how much I love you?”, he asked me.
“How much? Handful? Three? Four?”, I laughed.
“Do you see the stars in the sky today?”
“Yes!”
“I love you more than their numbers. Do you know the deepest ocean?”
“Yes! Pacific Ocean. You are asking me lot of geography questions today”, I giggled again.
“Ah! Lekyuen, it’s not a geography question. I wanted to say that I love you deeper than the deepest ocean”.
“Tashi, you sometimes act like a child huh? I have known how much you love me in three years. I am lucky to have you in my life. Should we talk about the future now?”, I asked him.
“Future is so far Lekyuen. The closest future is RCSCE. Tomorrow, we need to catch a morning bus to Thimphu. Let’s go and sleep”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Parents, Sons and Daughters

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬, Today, I want to tell you all something really important. I am neither a parent nor a philosopher. I am just a college student who went through few tests in my life. In all these years, you have supported your children to go to school and trusted them with all the dreams you have. The beauty of all the Bhutanese parents I have seen so far was “Dear child, we don’t expect you to become the richest man or the richest woman but a child who can stand up on your feet”. Today is the day you won’t forget. Just yesterday, there were news flooding on social media announcing that results for class 12 would be out by today. I knew, all the parents are worried as much as your child who has just completed class 12. This result will determine another step of life. I would like to congratulate all those parents and students who could achieve good marks in examinations. You might be thinking of throwing a party for your child’s achievement. This would mean a world to your chil

Chapter 1: In the Making of Marriage

Hello everyone! I am Lekyuen. I am teacher here at Rukubji Community Primary School in Trongsa Dzongkhag. After completing my Bachelors of Education from Paro College of Education, I decided to devote my life to students. Behind every window, there is a curtain and behind every person there is a story to tell. Marriage is one of the main reasons that keep race of humans survived for millions of years. And I look back at my story of broken marriage. Although, broken marriage is painful to look back, it taught me lot of lessons about many things: love, hatred, betrayal and depression. I am a woman and I have a heart that loves a man like every woman does. Several years ago, I met a guy in the same college. We were like Romeo and Juliet then. He sacrificed many other women just to be with me and I sacrificed lot of other men to be with him. We tied a knot of love and we decided to marry after graduating from the college. I was the happiest woman. I graduated from the college, got

[Writing's a Pi]

Photography: Patrick Tommaso {Recently realized how complex a writing is. It's like trying to figure out the definite value of Pi. We only write ~3.14 but this isn't a definite value, it's an approximation. People tried figuring the value for many years, the more people try, the more indefinite it becomes. Writing's no different. We might often hear Peter Dury say 'inch-perfect' when Lionel Messi scores a brilliant goal but writing isn't playing a soccer. We try to achieve the 'inch-perfect' in writing for 10 years, then in another 10 years, new style of writing comes, new books and new authors. It goes like this until we are dead and after we are dead. Then, I tried writing something about writing but I don't know nothing. People say, before you write, you must read. Thinking that I don't want to wake up from my graveyard with regrets, I started reading. I started with Yallamma - The Writing Company, masterpieces of footnotes, poet