Skip to main content

Chapter XII: The Second Man in my Life


The old page of Love Book had closed and the new page had been unfolded. I didn’t know how it happened. By the time I realized in the afternoon of the next day, I had accepted him. He became the second man to come in my life. Did I accept him by loving him? I didn’t feel it so. I said ealier that I liked him and his personalities as a friend but we don’t love all the people whom we like. Love and like may sound similar but they are completely two different things. I appreciated who he was and I liked him as a friend. I was going through lot of mental stress. He helped me forget all of them. So, I could not deny him. I had to be in relationship with him out of infatuation.

He became the second man to come into my life. At times, I thought that he was really serious about relationship. Soon, he had informed his parents about our relationship. I was starting to live in a miserable place in a better way. His parents would often visit my home bringing vegetables and other things. I cannot say how happy they were to know that their son had a girlfriend who is a teacher in the school but I could say that they were proud. After few months of our relationship, I was known by every person in the village. To my surprise, even my little children in the school had known about me and him.

Everything went well between us. Our relationship was going good and I was slowly forgetting Tashi. I started to love Wangchuk although our relationship started in a weird way. The relation that started because of infatuation.

A year has passed. I visited his parents often. We were living like a family. Out of thousands conversations with his parents, this is the one I am going to remember, “Lekyuen, you know that our son loves you. We love you like our own daughter. To be honest, we are so proud to have you in our family. We believe that you love him the same way he does to you”, his father told me in the sweetest way.

There, I replied, “Thank you so much Apa and Ama. I am glad to be with Wangchuk and I am more proud that soon I am going to become a daughter in-law. Since the day we have known to each other, I had a beautiful time here in Rukubji”.

“I think we have to prepare for the marriage when Wangchuk comes for a vacation. Do you agree with me Ap?”, the mother was suggesting his father, the king of the decisions.

“Why not? I can’t wait to have them married. Lekyuen, we are really happy that you have accepted our son. We can’t thank you in better ways”, father was smiling.
“Well, let’s discuss with Wangchuk now”, the mother took her Samsung J2 mobile from a little bag she prepared to hang around her neck. She clicked on the WeChat Icon and started to chat with Wangchuk.

“Ongchu, are you online? I need to discuss with you something very important,” the sound notified that the message was delivered to him.
After a minute, there was a reply from Wangchuk, “Ama, I am online. I don’t have session for now. I am in my room”.

Immediately, she started a video call. Although internet connection was not really good, we waited on the small screen like we were seeing WeChat for the first time. After trying for several times, the video call worked.

Wangchuk greeted all of us. Immediately, mother started talking about marriage. To it, “Apa and Ama, I think it’s too early for me to get married. For now, I don’t have a job and you all know that I am still studying”.

“We have decided for your marriage when you come home this coming vacation”, father managed to smile although we were not really impressed with his response. I started to worry and doubt about him too. But, as a friend, he has won my trust and confidence in him.

Suddenly, “Apa and Ama, get ready for the marriage when I am come home. I will marry with her. She is the one I love the most. Wangchuk smiled after making us worried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Parents, Sons and Daughters

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬, Today, I want to tell you all something really important. I am neither a parent nor a philosopher. I am just a college student who went through few tests in my life. In all these years, you have supported your children to go to school and trusted them with all the dreams you have. The beauty of all the Bhutanese parents I have seen so far was “Dear child, we don’t expect you to become the richest man or the richest woman but a child who can stand up on your feet”. Today is the day you won’t forget. Just yesterday, there were news flooding on social media announcing that results for class 12 would be out by today. I knew, all the parents are worried as much as your child who has just completed class 12. This result will determine another step of life. I would like to congratulate all those parents and students who could achieve good marks in examinations. You might be thinking of throwing a party for your child’s achievement. This would mean a world to your chil

Chapter 1: In the Making of Marriage

Hello everyone! I am Lekyuen. I am teacher here at Rukubji Community Primary School in Trongsa Dzongkhag. After completing my Bachelors of Education from Paro College of Education, I decided to devote my life to students. Behind every window, there is a curtain and behind every person there is a story to tell. Marriage is one of the main reasons that keep race of humans survived for millions of years. And I look back at my story of broken marriage. Although, broken marriage is painful to look back, it taught me lot of lessons about many things: love, hatred, betrayal and depression. I am a woman and I have a heart that loves a man like every woman does. Several years ago, I met a guy in the same college. We were like Romeo and Juliet then. He sacrificed many other women just to be with me and I sacrificed lot of other men to be with him. We tied a knot of love and we decided to marry after graduating from the college. I was the happiest woman. I graduated from the college, got

[Writing's a Pi]

Photography: Patrick Tommaso {Recently realized how complex a writing is. It's like trying to figure out the definite value of Pi. We only write ~3.14 but this isn't a definite value, it's an approximation. People tried figuring the value for many years, the more people try, the more indefinite it becomes. Writing's no different. We might often hear Peter Dury say 'inch-perfect' when Lionel Messi scores a brilliant goal but writing isn't playing a soccer. We try to achieve the 'inch-perfect' in writing for 10 years, then in another 10 years, new style of writing comes, new books and new authors. It goes like this until we are dead and after we are dead. Then, I tried writing something about writing but I don't know nothing. People say, before you write, you must read. Thinking that I don't want to wake up from my graveyard with regrets, I started reading. I started with Yallamma - The Writing Company, masterpieces of footnotes, poet