Skip to main content

Chapter IV: Planning for Together Future





For several months in Thimphu, we were the busiest people in Bhutan. There were lot of information to be gobbled in a short span of time. What we felt was, the Preliminary Examinations were at their fastest pace. We resembled those bees buzzing in the garden building their own kingdom of honey. So did we, we were on the road to the future. We were preparing for the job, money, home and food. We were thinking about our aging parents and our children. You might think who are the children? I mean after my marriage with him. We often talked in the college, “How many children will we have in the future?”
“Five!”, he would say seriously.
“Why five? I am not that strong to give birth to five children”. I would frown at him.
“Basketball Team. I will be their coach”, he would laugh. “Lekyuen, honestly, two is enough. A daughter and a son. What do you think?”
“Two is perfect. A son and a daughter. We will be a happy family of four!”, I would smile thinking about four dining chairs, imagining family conversations and those beautiful arguments between our children.
Tashi didn’t take the exams easily. I have never seen him studying so hard in his college days. After several weeks of our Preliminary Exams, results were out. Everyone was worried. To tell you all a good news, both Tashi and I passed our examinations. We were qualified for the final RCSC Examinations.
That evening, to appreciate and congratulate our own efforts, we decided to rest over a few bottles of wine. We asked some money from our parents and we were sitting in one of the restaurants near Clock Tower. Before we picked our wine glasses, “Lekyuen, after RCSCE, which school will you choose?”
“Bajothang Higher Secondary School and I want you to come with me as well”.
“Why Bajo?” He asked me
“My mom lives there. I want to stay with her. Let’s say we want to stay with my mom”.

“Lekyuen, will you accept if I request you something?”
“What is it Tashi? I will understand”.
“Can you choose Rukubji Primary School, which is little far from Bajo Town?”, he pleaded me.
Immediately, I asked him, “Why Rukubji Primary School? I heard that it’s a cold place.”
“My mom is from Tashigang and my dad is from Rukubji. My parents live there. During weekends and holidays, we can come to Bajo to see your mother”.
There I knew the reason why was he not Pokemon. His father is a Ngalop (Western Bhutanese) who is comparatively taller than people from Eastern Bhutan.
“Is it? That’s also a better idea. So you are also thinking about joining the same school as me?”
“Definitely After all, we are husband and wife”, he kissed me on forehead.
He was not bothered about customers who were sitting at different tables.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Parents, Sons and Daughters

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬, Today, I want to tell you all something really important. I am neither a parent nor a philosopher. I am just a college student who went through few tests in my life. In all these years, you have supported your children to go to school and trusted them with all the dreams you have. The beauty of all the Bhutanese parents I have seen so far was “Dear child, we don’t expect you to become the richest man or the richest woman but a child who can stand up on your feet”. Today is the day you won’t forget. Just yesterday, there were news flooding on social media announcing that results for class 12 would be out by today. I knew, all the parents are worried as much as your child who has just completed class 12. This result will determine another step of life. I would like to congratulate all those parents and students who could achieve good marks in examinations. You might be thinking of throwing a party for your child’s achievement. This would mean a world to your chil

Chapter 1: In the Making of Marriage

Hello everyone! I am Lekyuen. I am teacher here at Rukubji Community Primary School in Trongsa Dzongkhag. After completing my Bachelors of Education from Paro College of Education, I decided to devote my life to students. Behind every window, there is a curtain and behind every person there is a story to tell. Marriage is one of the main reasons that keep race of humans survived for millions of years. And I look back at my story of broken marriage. Although, broken marriage is painful to look back, it taught me lot of lessons about many things: love, hatred, betrayal and depression. I am a woman and I have a heart that loves a man like every woman does. Several years ago, I met a guy in the same college. We were like Romeo and Juliet then. He sacrificed many other women just to be with me and I sacrificed lot of other men to be with him. We tied a knot of love and we decided to marry after graduating from the college. I was the happiest woman. I graduated from the college, got

[Writing's a Pi]

Photography: Patrick Tommaso {Recently realized how complex a writing is. It's like trying to figure out the definite value of Pi. We only write ~3.14 but this isn't a definite value, it's an approximation. People tried figuring the value for many years, the more people try, the more indefinite it becomes. Writing's no different. We might often hear Peter Dury say 'inch-perfect' when Lionel Messi scores a brilliant goal but writing isn't playing a soccer. We try to achieve the 'inch-perfect' in writing for 10 years, then in another 10 years, new style of writing comes, new books and new authors. It goes like this until we are dead and after we are dead. Then, I tried writing something about writing but I don't know nothing. People say, before you write, you must read. Thinking that I don't want to wake up from my graveyard with regrets, I started reading. I started with Yallamma - The Writing Company, masterpieces of footnotes, poet